Tuesday 13 January 2009

To Me, Tutu

I created this for a party I was going to, with a twisted Alice in Wonderland theme. The method is so simple, and didn't cost much at all. I got a belt (elastic works too), multiple strips of black and red dress netting and some suedette which I had lying around. Each strip measured double the length that I wanted the tutu to be and couple of inches wide.

Each strip was doubled over and loop tied around the belt. I looped the other strips, of which there were around 100 in total. And that finished the basic tutu! I glued some hearts, spades, clubs and diamonds as the finishing touches.

You can find detailed instructions with a quick search of youtube or google.



2 comments:

  1. This tutu is beautiful! (and I love your "to me, tutu" title. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 love it. That corset is perfect for it too!

    ReplyDelete