Thursday 5 March 2009

Cute as a Button

Last weekend I went to my first car boot sale of the year! I just love walking around the boot sale, not knowing what people are giving up. There's a huge one near my house every Sunday and the weather was good so we headed up. I was on the lookout for old watches, having missed out on some ebay lots recently. I found four watches for £3 (plus a pretty pearl brooch for £1), way cheaper than on ebay. Oh how I love a bargain.



I intend to use them in jewellery pieces.

Rekindling a lost love for antique trinkets, I dug out my grandma's sewing box, where I remembered seeing some old school buttons. Who doesn't love buttons?



I love how the designs are so intricate for such small things. I can't help wondering what they were originally intended for...I think these are my favourites:



1 comment:

  1. That's weird I was thinking about how watches would make interesting accessories the other day ~~~

    I love that last button.

    ReplyDelete